Calcium Montmorillonite (bentonite) Clay for shrimp/fish *** Must have
Calcium Montmorillonite (bentonite) Clay is a “living” smectite clay that has been used in hobby and farm ponds for many years. It’s packed with upwards of 60 bio-available minerals and trace elements, plus anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-parasite properties.
Montmorillonite Clay is one of the secrets of champion Koi, Arowana, Discus, Guppy, and other fish breeders, who report:
- Improved color
- Healthier skin, scales and skeletal system
- Improved immunity, including disease & parasite resistance
- Increased egg production
- Less deformities
- Increased fry survival rate
- Enhanced growth rates
- Larger fish
- Stronger and larger fins with improved resistance to splitting
- Increased lifespan
- Water Clarifier & Conditioner
Scientific studies for aquaculture have supported these claims, reporting:
- Improved digestion and nutrient absorption
- Support of intestinal microflora
- Anti-bacterial activity in vivo
- Larger fish when Montmorillonite Clay is supplemented, even when fed less food
- A study by the Yobe State Aquaculture college concluded that Montmorillonite clay can completely replace a mineral/vitamin premix in catfish fingerling diets with no adverse effect on growth. The substitution also improved skin quality of the test subjects after only three weeks of feeding.
- Organs are protected from heavy metal damage
- Protection from Mycotoxin and other toxins
This all comes as no surprise when you consider that clays constitute a large part of sediment in oceans and other bodies of water. It’s a critical part of the natural habitat and ecosystem of fish that has been lacking in captivity.
Place 1 small scoop into 25-30 liters of water on water change day.